Nueces County Reports One COVID-19 Related Death
CORPUS CHRISTI TX - The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District received notification of one COVID-19 related death. The patient was a male in his 80s. His comorbidities included heart disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. Our condolences go out to his family and friends. Further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
All Nueces County residents must make every effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Here are Public Health strategies we should all be following:
● Stay at home.
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.