Nueces County Reports Nineteenth COVID-19 Related Death
CORPUS CHRISTI TX - The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District received notification today of an additional Nueces County COVID-19 related death. The patient was a female between the ages of 80-89 and was initially hospitalized in mid-June, released and readmitted in July. Her comorbidities included coronary artery disease, hypertension and anemia. Our condolences go out to the family and friends of the deceased. Any further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
The death brings the total of COVID-19 related deaths to 19, and 11 for the month of July.
Please continue to practice the recommended Public Health strategies:
● Stay at home if you are sick.
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched areas at home and at work.