Nueces County Reports Nine COVID-19 Related Deaths
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District received notification of nine COVID-19 related deaths. The patients were 7 males and 2 females with ages ranging in their 50s, 60s, 70s (4), 80s, and 90s (2). The comorbidities of the patients included hypertension, chronic kidney disease, coronary artery disease, and diabetes. Our condolences go out to their families and friends. Further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
All Nueces County residents must make every effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Here are Public Health strategies we should all be following:
● Stay at home.
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.