Nueces County Reports Five COVID-19 Related Deaths
CORPUS CHRISTI TX - The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District received notification today of four COVID-19 related deaths within Nueces County and one death of a Nueces County resident who passed away outside of the county. The patients were two males and three females age ranging in their 40’s, 50’s 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. The comorbidities of the patients included asthma, diabetes, autoimmune disease and hypertension. Our condolences go out to their families and friends. Further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
All Nueces County residents must make every effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Here are Public Health strategies we should all be following:
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.
● Stay at home