Nueces County COVID-19 Related Death
CORPUS CHRISTI TX - The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District received notification of Zero COVID-19 related deaths today. However, the Health District verified 31 additional COVID-19 related deaths outside our jurisdiction, including out-of-state deaths. All were residents of Nueces County. The deaths were reported from July 2020 through March 2021. The patients were 20 males and 11 females with ages ranging in their 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. The comorbidities of the patients included hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and heart disease. Additional information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
All Nueces County residents must make every effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The Corpus Christi – Nueces County Public Health District is preparing to give pediatric vaccine doses to children ages 12 to 15 years old once approved by the FDA.
Here are Public Health strategies we should all be following:
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and work.
● Get vaccinated as soon as eligible.