No Cost Vaccinations and Booster Shots Available Throughout the City
Taking Place April 2 to April 9
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Multiple locations are available next week for COVID-19 vaccines and first and second-dose booster shots. Vaccinations for children are available at no cost with parental consent at all City-County Public Health District vaccination clinics.
The CDC recommends Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine be given to children ages 5 and older and is administered as a two-dose series, three weeks apart. Individuals aged 5 through 17 must have verbal or written parental consent to receive a Pfizer vaccination.
First and second doses of the Moderna vaccine are available for anyone over 18.
The Johnson & Johnson ‘one and done’ vaccine is available for anyone over 18.
COVID-19 vaccine third doses are available for the following Pfizer and Moderna vaccine recipients who completed their initial series at least 28 days ago and are:
The CDC recommends that people who are immunocompromised and have received one primary Johnson & Johnson vaccine get an additional Pfizer or Moderna vaccine four weeks after their initial dose.
First and Second Dose Booster Shots
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated its clinical recommendations to include the following:
- First and second booster doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine may be administered to individuals 50 years of age and older at least four months after receiving a first booster dose for any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- First and second booster doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine may be administered to certain immunocompromised individuals 12 years of age and older at least four months after receipt of a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- First and second booster doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine may be administered to certain immunocompromised individuals 18 years of age and older at least four months after the first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- Adults who received a primary vaccine and one booster dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at least four months ago may now receive a second booster dose using the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.
Things to know:
- To pre-register online, visit www.cctexas.com/vaccineregistration and click on the “Vaccination Registration” link. Click on the site you want to receive your vaccine. You must obtain a Quick Response (QR) code during online pre-registration. Once the online pre-registration hits the limit, you will not be able to register until additional vaccines become available.
- Walk-ins are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registrations open upon vaccine availability for future clinics.
- If you received the Moderna vaccine for your first dose, you should receive the Moderna vaccine for your second dose.
- Mixing and matching of booster doses is allowed, based on individual preference.
- If you registered for the first dose, you do not need to register again for the second dose.
- Pre-register by calling 361-826-7200 option 2.