New Health District Hosts One-Day Public Health Fair
The FREE Event Provides Information about Vital Health Services
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Corpus Christi- Nueces County Public Health District will host a one-day Health Fair on Thursday, April 7, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Health District auditorium, 1701 Horne Road.
The free event provides residents the chance to learn about existing programs and services provided by the Health District, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster clinics, and COVID-19 testing sites
- Immunizations from childhood diseases
- Tuberculosis clinical services
- STD-HIV clinical services and treatments
- Vital Records for birth and death certificates
- WIC nutrition education for optimal childhood development
- Environmental Health includes bi-lingual Food Handler courses, Food inspections, and Food Manager Permits
- 1115 Waiver provides diabetes self-management education
- Laboratory Services bacterial and clinical testing
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness provides disease surveillance, investigation, and reporting in Nueces County
- Community Health Clinic provides women’s and men’s health services
More than a dozen community partners will take part in the Public Health Fair. For a complete list of health services provided by the Corpus Christi – Public Health District, visit https://www.cctexas.com/health.
The one-day Public Health Fair coincides with National Public Health Week, observed the first week of April each year. The weeklong event educates the public about how we can live longer, healthier lives.