Intersection Closure at Gollihar and Weber Road
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering office advises residents and business beginning Tuesday, April 16, the following traffic control plan will be implemented, weather permitting:
- Through traffic traveling northbound and southbound along Weber Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the Gollihar Road intersection.
- Traffic will shift to the west side of Weber Road through the intersection. East side of Weber Road intersection will be closed.
- Low profile barriers will be installed within the Gollihar Road/Weber Road intersection prohibiting left turns and through traffic movements.
- Through traffic, traveling westbound along Gollihar Road from Staples Street, will be prohibited at the Weber Road intersection and detoured at Carmel Parkway. Local access to businesses and side streets will be provided between Weber Road and Carmel Parkway.
- Through traffic heading eastbound along Gollihar Road will be restricted to a “right only” movement on to SB Weber Road.
The city reminds drivers to use caution when driving near the work zone and follow detour signs. Motorists should expect delays and if possible, seek alternate routes or avoid the area. Access to local driveways and side streets will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
For more information, please contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.