Heavy Rain Causes City Road Closures
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi and the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) continue to monitor roads due to widespread showers and thunderstorms. The current roads are closed due to flooding:
- Ayers Street at Tarlton Street
- Lipan Street at Coke Street
- Carancahua Street at Coopers Alley
- North Padre Island Drive at Leopard Street
- Baldwin Boulevard at Agnes Street
- 2600 block of Morgan Avenue
- Haven Drive at McKinzie Road
- IH 37 at Carbon Plant
- SH 286 at Holly Road
- Rodd Field Road from South Padre Island Drive to Holly Road
During inclement weather, we want our community to be safe. If you must get out in these conditions, remember:
- Drive slower than usual, so you have time to react to other traffic on the roadway.
- Turn on your headlights, so you are visible to other vehicles and pedestrians.
- Be aware of possible flooding in low-lying areas.
- If you must be on the road, be aware and find an alternative route.
- Whether driving or walking, any time you come to a flooded road, Turn-Around. Don’t Drown.
The City and EOC team will continue to monitor our City’s infrastructure and the weather situation throughout the day.
Stay up to date on the latest conditions by registering for emergency alerts at www.reversealert.org.