Get Set for “After Hour Kid Power” Summer Camps
Sign Up Opens Today for the Waiting List
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Act now to get your children set for an awesome summer! The Corpus Christi Parks and Recreation Department will offer its “After Hour Kid Power” Summer Camps 2021.
Starting on Monday, April 12, 2021, the program will accept children on its WAITING LIST at https://cclatchkey.egdata.com/parent_login.cfm. Camp availability will be dependent upon enrollment.
The following campsites will be offered this summer with a limited number of spacing available at each as noted below:
Corpus Christi Independent School District (CCISD)
Calk-Wilson Elementary (120 spaces) 3925 Ft. Worth Street
Club Estates Elementary (180 spaces) 5222 Merganser Drive
Faye Webb Elementary (180 spaces) 6953 Boardwalk Avenue
Gloria Hicks Elementary (80 spaces) 3602 McArdle Road
Calallen Independent School District (Calallen ISD)
Calallen West Intermediate (80 spaces) 4201 Calallen Drive
The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department’s “After Hour Kid Power” Summer Camps program is our premier program for youth ages 5 to 13 that meets high standards for childcare with an excellent curriculum by trained staff. It is licensed by the Texas Health & Human Services Commission and all staff are certified in CPR and First Aid.
The camps offer many opportunities for children to participate in arts and crafts projects, recreational activities, and field trips. Through play, children stay active and learn to develop a healthy lifestyle and social skills. Our enthusiastic and professional staff are committed to making this a fantastic summer for all our campers!
Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided. Campers must bring their own lunch (absolutely no peanut products will be allowed). Reasonable accommodations may be requested for a child with special needs by contacting Mickela Hernandez at (361) 826-3486.
Camps will operate June 14–July 30, 2021, Monday–Friday, from 7:30am–6pm (closed July 5).
FEES: Weekly Tuition Fee is $89/week/child (Calallen ISD); and $99/week/child (CCISD). Daily Drop-in Fee is $25/day/child (drop-ins are NOT allowed on field trip days). Scholarship Fee is $60/week/child (Calallen ISD); and $70/week/child (CCISD). Tuition assistance is available for qualified participants.
WAITING LIST PROCESS DETAILS:
- Please note that by adding your information to the interest list you are NOT guaranteed a position for the summer until you receive a phone call from the “After Hour Kid Power” program with further instructions.
- Use the drop-down menu on our registration page to select the campsite your child will attend.
- Submit your contact information, the number of spaces you wish to reserve, your child’s t-shirt size, and if you will be or have been approved for Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) assistance.
- No payment is required at this time.
- The system will generate a time stamp that will allow us to determine who to call first starting May 3, 2021.
- Once you receive our phone call, we will send you an e-mail with a participant specific link asking you to complete registration, from that point on you will have 48 hours to complete registration and make payment to secure your child’s spot.
New safety processes have been implemented to comply with COVID-19 prevention. Children will have their temperatures taken at the door prior to sign-in. Parents will drop off and pick up children outside of the facility. Visit Play It Safe Covid-19 Updates for additional restrictions and safety guidelines which apply. The camp will operate in accordance with federal and state COVID-19 precaution guidelines for childcare facilities ensuring the safety of children and employees.
For more information, call (361) 826-3499 or visit www.ccparkandrec.com (After Hour Kid Power Program). We invite your children to Live. Learn. Play!