Fourth of July Firework Safety
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - The Corpus Christi Fire Department wants to remind everyone it is illegal to discharge fireworks inside the City Limits including the beach. If cited, you could be fined up to $2,000 per opened package of fireworks.
To report the illegal discharge of fireworks, the phone number to use is 361-886-COPS (2677). Please do not call 911 for fireworks complaints.
Firework Safety Facts:
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Older children should use fireworks only under close adult supervision
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Only use fireworks away from people, houses and flammable material
- Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting
- Never ignite devices in a container
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks
- Soak unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case of fire
For any additional information contact Fire Marshal Randy Paige at 361-826-3952 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a safe Independence Day!