First and Second Dose COVID-19 Vaccines Available Next Week
Health District to Provide Vaccinations at Buc Days Entrance Gates
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX –The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District will provide several opportunities for individuals to receive their first or second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination next week.
"The Health District is working hard to provide easy and convenient vaccine options to anyone who wants one. I want to encourage everyone to take advantage of the accessibility of these vaccines," Mayor Paulette M. Guajardo said.
In partnership with the Buccaneer Commission, the Health District will have vaccination clinics located outside the two Buc Days entrance gates beginning Friday, April 30, through Sunday, May 9. One entrance gate is located on Water Street and the other entrance gate is at Brewster Street and Chappral Street near the Harbor Playhouse. The clinic hours during Buc Days are Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday from 12.00 p.m. to 4 p.m. Individuals do not need to pre-register to receive a vaccination and will get a free one-day admission into the Buc Days festival. Both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will be available daily at the Buc Days event.
Both vaccines also will be available at La Palmera Mall during regular mall hours.
Things to know:
- The Pfizer vaccine is available for those 16 years of age and older.
- The Moderna vaccine is available for anyone 18 years of age and older.
- Pre-register by calling 361-561-1101.
- To pre-register online, visit https://www.cctexas.com/vaccineregistration and click on the “Vaccination Registration” link. During online pre-registration, you must receive a Quick Response (QR) code. Once the online pre-registration limit is reached, you will not be able to register until additional vaccines become available.
- Walk-ins are welcome on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- New registrations will open upon vaccine availability for future clinics.
- Vaccines of different brands should not be mixed. If you received the Moderna vaccine for your first dose, you should receive the Moderna vaccine for your second dose.
- If you registered for the first dose, you do not need to register again for the second dose.