COVID-19 Cases Surge in Nueces County
FREE Vaccinations and Boosters Clinics Available January 14 to January 21
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Multiple clinics open next week for FREE COVID-19 vaccines and boosters provided by the City-County Public Health Department for eligible adults and children with parental consent.
The first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine are available for individuals ages five and older. Children aged 5 through 17 must have verbal or written parental consent to receive a vaccine. The first and second doses of Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available for anyone over 18.
COVID-19 vaccine third doses are available for the following, Pfizer (age 5 or older) and Moderna (age18 or older) vaccine recipients who completed their initial series on or before early December 2021 and are immunocompromised.
COVID-19 vaccine booster shots are available for Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients.
Current booster guidance for all vaccines is:
- Teens aged 12 to 17 are eligible for Pfizer booster shots. Parental consent is required.
- All adults who received a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine are eligible for a booster shot at five months or more after their initial series.
- All adults who received a Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are eligible for a booster shot at five months or more after their initial series.
- Adults who got the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine are eligible for boosters two months after vaccination.
- Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose.
For a list of free COVID-19 vaccination clinics, visit www.cctexas.com/clinics.