Corpus Christi – Nueces County Report 10 Covid-19 Related Deaths
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District received notification of 10 COVID-19 related deaths. The patients included six males and four females with ages ranging in their 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Comorbidities included end stage renal disease, urinary tract infection, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and Alzheimer's disease. Our condolences go out to their families and friends. Further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
All Nueces County residents must make every effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Here are Public Health strategies we should all be following:
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Stay home when you are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.
● Get vaccinated as soon as eligible.