City Shares Holiday Recycling Tips
Spreading the message of Recycle CLEAN
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City's Solid Waste Department would like to remind everyone that the holidays are a great time to Recycle CLEAN. Here are some tips to help you do just that.
Recyclable Items (belong in blue carts)
- Cardboard boxes. Remember to flatten before placing inside your recycling cart!
- Seasonal mail, holiday catalogs, magazines, and newspapers.
- Tin and aluminum cans that are empty, clean, and dry.
- Plastic bottles with lids or caps removed.
Drop off at J.C. Elliott Transfer Station (Hwy. 286 at Ayers Street)
- Cooking grease or peanut oil.
- Motor oil, pesticides, paints, and cleaners.
- Lithium batteries.
- Glass bottles or containers.
- Computers, printers, or scanners.
- Live Christmas trees.
Non-Recyclable Items (belong in green carts)
- Disposable C, D, and AA batteries.
- Holiday ribbons, bows, tinsel, string lights, and ornaments.
- Styrofoam, bubble wrap, and padded envelopes.
- Gift boxes, wrapping paper, and holiday cards with glitter or foil.
- Wreaths or garlands.
- Plastic bags. However, they can be recycled at all HEB stores. Please visit www.cctexas.com/sws to learn more.
Customers should set out Christmas trees for collection only during authorized brush or bulky set-out times. For information on schedules, visit www.cctexas.com/solid-waste/heavy-brush-bulky-items.
For additional information about recycling CLEAN, visit the City's website at www.cctexas.com/howtorecycle.
For all media inquiries, contact Senior Public Information Officer Amy Gazin at 361-826-1655 or email at email@example.com.