City Schedules Winter Storm Brush Cleanup
Brush and Foliage Damaged by Storm will be Collected
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Mayor and City Council announce it will begin a city-wide winter storm cleanup beginning on Monday, March 8, 2021. Appliances and household goods will not be picked up in the brush cycle program. Bulky items will be picked up according to the published 2021 Bulky Items Collection schedule which can be found at www.cctexas.com/sws.
Winter Storm Cleanup Details:
- The program will begin March 8, 2021. Residents should look at the published schedule to avoid placing their brush out too early.
- City crews will begin brush collection in Area 5 and work northwest towards Area 10 in Calallen.
- City debris removal contractor will begin collection on North Padre Island (Area 1A) through Area 4.
- The winter storm brush cleanup is a one-time collection.
- Residents who miss this collection will have to wait for their next regularly scheduled brush collection.
- Residents can also dispose of their brush at the J.C. Elliott brush drop off area. Normally, the brush drop off area is open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on Sundays. However, the brush drop-off area hours of operation have been extended and will be open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Guidelines for Brush and Debris Set Out:
- Brush items include: Trees, limbs, bushes, palm fronds and other foliage damaged by the winter storm.
- Bulky items including mattresses, carpets, and appliances will NOT be picked up.
- Items must not block sidewalks, thru-ways, stormwater ditches, or street right of ways.
- Brush MUST be set curbside for pick up.
“Cleaning up after a weather event is a critical part of the City’s recovery, and for this reason we are conducting an off-cycle brush removal plan. Your City Council and I understand the hardships that have been placed on our residents due to last week's historic winter storm. Continuing to work together to meet these challenges is how we will recover," said Mayor Paulette M. Guajardo.
A map of city-wide collection areas (1A to 10) and schedule are available online at www.cctexas.com/stormcleanup.
For all media inquiries, please contact Amy Gazin, Senior Public Information Officer for Solid Waste Services at (361) 826-1655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.