City Offers “After Hour Kid Power” After School Program
Get Your Child Set for the 2021-2022 School Year
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Corpus Christi Parks and Recreation Department wants to inform the public about the After Hour Kid Power program for the 2021-2022 school year.
This program is ideal for working parents or guardians seeking a safe and convenient location where their children will be supervised after school. The program will start on Tuesday, August 10, 2021, and will operate Monday – Friday from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., in conjunction with the Corpus Christi and Calallen Independent School Districts schedules.
The program aims to help children build positive self-esteem through their involvement in a wide range of activities which include recreational and fitness skills. All staff members are trained in child development and certified in CPR and First Aid. The program is licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services.
Additional information and safety guidelines about the program are available at www.ccparkandrec.com (After Hour Kid Power).
The online interest list opens Friday, July 2, 2021, at 9 a.m. and will remain open throughout the school year for Corpus Christi and Calallen ISDs. To add your name to the interest list, go to https://register.ccparkandrec.com/.
- Please note by adding your information to the interest list; you are NOT guaranteed a position for the school year until you receive a phone call from the “After Hour Kid Power” program with further instructions.
- Use the drop-down menu on our registration page to select the After Hour Kid Power program your child will attend.
- Submit your contact information, the number of spaces you wish to reserve, and if you will or have been approved for TWC assistance.
- No payment is required at this time.
- The system will generate a timestamp that will allow us to determine who to call first, starting July 19, 2021.
- Once you receive our phone call, you will have 24 hours to complete registration and make payment to secure your child’s spot.
Site availability will be determined by the number of participants registered and staff available for the following schools:
- Calallen East Elementary, 3709 Lott Avenue (78410)
- Magee Elementary, 4201 Calallen Drive (78410)
- Wood River Elementary, 15118 Dry Creek Drive (78410)
Corpus Christi ISD:
- Barnes Elementary, 2829 Oso Parkway (78414)
- Berlanga Elementary, 4120 Carroll Lane (78411)
- Calk-Wilson Elementary, 3925 Fort Worth Street (78411)
- Club Estates Elementary, 5222 Merganser Drive (78413)
- Dawson Elementary, 6821 Sanders Drive (78413)
- Galvan Elementary, 3126 Masterson Drive (78415)
- Garcia Elementary, 1945 Gollihar Road (78416)
- Hicks Elementary, 3602 McArdle Road (78415)
- Houston Elementary, 363 Norton Street (78415)
- Jones Elementary, 7533 Lipes Boulevard (78413)
- Kolda Elementary, 3730 Rodd Field Road (78414)
- Meadowbrook Elementary, 901 Meadowbrook Drive (78412)
- Menger Elementary, 2401 S. Alameda Street (78404)
- Metro-E, 1707 Ayers Street (78404)
- Mireles Elementary, 7658 Cimarron Boulevard (78414)
- Montclair Elementary, 5241 Kentner Street (78412)
- Moore Elementary, 6121 Durant Drive (78414)
- Sanders Elementary, 4102 Republic Drive (78413)
- Schanen Elementary, 5717 Killarmet Drive (78413)
- Smith Elementary, 6902 Williams Drive (78412)
- Webb Elementary, 6953 Boardwalk Avenue (78414)
- Windsor Park Elementary, 4525 S. Alameda (78412)
- Woodlawn Elementary, 1110 Woodlawn Drive (78412)
- Yeager Elementary, 5414 Tripoli Drive (78411)
- Corpus Christi ISD: $109/month/first child, $94/month/each additional child. (The CCISD fees include an additional $10 fee per child for the use of CCISD facilities)
- Calallen ISD: $99/month/first child, $84/month/each additional child.
- Tuition assistance is available for qualified participants.
Parents may request reasonable accommodations for their child with disabilities by contacting Mickela Hernandez at (361) 826-3486. For more information about the program, call (361) 826-3499.
The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department is dedicated to providing quality, affordable enrichment programs for all ages and interests. For more information about the wide variety of programs and services offered by the department, visit www.ccparkandrec.com. We invite everyone to Live. Learn. Play!