City Manager Briefs Council on Eight Major Street Projects Under Construction
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – At today's regularly scheduled City Council meeting, Corpus Christi Mayor Paulette Guajardo and the City Council were briefed by City Manager Peter Zanoni on eight Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) currently under construction across the City.
These eight projects were approved by voters in previous bond programs. The projects have a combined value of almost $72 million dollars.
These projects include:
- Ayers Street (from SPID to Gollihar Road)
- Brawner Parkway (from Carroll Lane to Kostoryz Road)
- Callicoatte Road (from IH 37 to Up River Road)
- Laguna Shores
- From Graham Road to SPID
- From Hustlin' Hornet to Caribbean Drive
- From Mediterranean Drive to Wyndale Street
- Leopard Street (from Nueces Bay Boulevard to Palm Drive)
- Ocean Drive (from IH 37 to Ennis Joslin Road)
- South Staples (from Baldwin Boulevard to Kostoryz Road)
- Swantner Drive (from Indiana Avenue to Texan Trail)
"The City's economic growth is proportionate to our infrastructure growth and improvement," said Mayor Paulette Guajardo. "With resident support, these bond projects were approved and through exceptional management and leadership, these eight street projects are now under construction as we continue this new era of progress."
The briefing detailed the status of each project, including anticipated completion dates. The South Staples project is anticipated to be completed in the summer of 2023. The remaining seven projects will be completed no later than the fall of 2022. To watch the video, visit the City of Corpus Christi's Facebook Page @citygov, Twitter Profile @cityofcc, or YouTube channel.
For more information, media representatives can contact Senior Public Information Officer Melanie Lowry at 361-826-3837 or email at email@example.com.