City Council to Consider Interlocal Agreement with School Districts
To Streamline Permit Issuance for Faster Construction on School Projects
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – At tomorrow’s regularly scheduled Council meeting, Mayor Paulette
Guajardo and the City Council will consider a resolution that will Improve the efficiency of public education district projects with an interlocal agreement (ILA) with the Development Services Department.
The ILA will streamline the permit issuance process so that construction can commence without delay. This initiative also features a reduction in fees, which translates to significant savings for taxpayers. By allowing projects to comply with the Building Code at the time of BOND passing, any potential cost increases resulting from new building code changes are also controlled.
The local public education districts would include:
- Del Mar Community College District
- Calallen Independent School District
- Corpus Christi Independent School District
- Flour Bluff Independent School District
- London Independent School District
- Tuloso-Midway Independent School District
- West Oso Independent School District
For more information media representatives can contact Senior Public Information Officer Gabriela Morrow at 361-826-3583 or by email at Gabrielam@cctexas.com.