City Council Awards Another Street Rebuilding Contract for $5.5 Million
Five Neighborhood Streets to be Reconstructed
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – At today’s regularly scheduled City Council meeting, Corpus Christi Mayor Joe McComb and the City Council awarded a $5.5 million contract for five residential streets to A. Ortiz Construction & Paving as part of the Residential Street Rebuild Program (RSRP).
The Residential Street Rebuild Program repairs select citywide, residential streets by extending the life and structural integrity of the existing pavements through rehabilitation or the replacing of failed pavement through reconstruction of the pavement to current City standards. The program also includes sidewalk repairs, ADA compliant curb ramps, and new striping and pavement markings.
Funding for these projects was provided by Bond 2018 and Bond 2016. In May 2020, the City Council awarded $13.7 million in construction contracts as part of this program.
The residential streets selected for this contract are in each of the five City Council districts including:
- Bartlett Drive from S. Saxet Drive to Krejci Lane (District 1)
- Florida Avenue from Kosar Street to Normandy Drive (District 2)
- Brisbane Drive from Saratoga Boulevard to Congressional Drive (District 3)
- Kentner Street from Cape Cod Drive to Canterbury Drive (District 4)
- Woodgate Drive from Northgate Road to Heaven’s Gate Drive (District 5)
Construction is anticipated to begin after the first of the year with all five streets expected to be complete by the end of Summer 2021. Corpus Christi residents can learn more about the RSRP program, view exhibits, and leave public comment by visiting http://rsrp.cctexas.com.