City Approves Housing Development Fee Waiver Program
Builders Can Apply Now
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – At today’s regularly scheduled City Council meeting, Mayor Paulette M. Guajardo and City Council approved the Housing Development Fee Waivers for Non-qualifying Homebuyers Program. The program will target underutilized lots in existing neighborhoods.
Here are some key points of the program:
- The home must be built on an infill lot with existing infrastructure.
- The City may waive building permit fees and plan review fees
- Other waived fees include Solid Waste fees and tap fees for Water, Wastewater and Gas
- Waived fees can’t exceed $7,000 per home
- The home must sell for $204,800 or less
- If the home sells for more than $204,800, the City will collect the waived fees
- There is $100,000 available for fee waivers as included in the FY 2022 Budget
A list of builders and their properties will be available at https://www.cctexas.com/neighborhoodservices.
The City is not a participant in the sale, and potential buyers should contact a licensed real estate agent if they are interested in purchasing one of the homes.
Homebuilders can apply by downloading the application from www.cctexas.com/neighborhoodservices and emailing their completed application to email@example.com or submitting it to the Neighborhood Services Department in City Hall at 1201 Leopard Street on the second floor.
For more information, visit www.cctexas.com/neighborhoodservices.
Media Inquiries contact Public Information Officer Gabriela Morrow at 361-826-3583 or email at GabrielaM@cctexas.com