Alameda Street and Everhart Road Intersection Phase II – Lane Closures
February 14, 2019
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering Office advises residents and businesses that beginning Monday, February 18, 2019, the following closures will be implemented, weather permitting:
- NB Everhart Road, approaching Alameda Street intersection, the left lane will be closed reducing traffic to one lane through the intersection.
- SB Everhart Road, at the Alameda Street intersection, the left lane will be closed reducing traffic to one lane through the intersection.
- This configuration will be in place for 1-2 days for exploratory excavation work.
- The traffic configuration for WB and EB Alameda Street will remain the same during this phase of work. The current configuration has traffic reduced to one lane, for each direction, through the intersection
- Within a couple of weeks of completing the exploratory work, the tie-in of the new 16” water line will take place. That construction will be located in the Everhart/Alameda intersection. That work will require the same lane closures on Everhart for a duration of approximately one week.
- Subsequent to the Everhart tie-in, a similar tie-in will be required in the Airline/Alameda intersection. That work has not yet been scheduled.
The city reminds drivers to use caution when driving near the work zone and follow detour signs. Motorists should expect delays and if possible, seek alternate routes or avoid the area.
For more information, please contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.