2017 Christmas Tree Recycling
January 14 & 21
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - The City of Corpus Christi Solid Waste Services and the Clean City Committee have announced eight convenient locations for Christmas tree recycling. In return for recycling trees, residents will receive a free tree seedling based on availability. Only clean, non-flocked (fake snow) Christmas trees with no decorations will be accepted.
The following locations will be accepting Christmas trees from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 14, 2017:
- Wal-Mart – 4109 S. Staples Street
- Wal-Mart – Greenwood & SPID (1821 S. Padre Island Drive)
- Wal-Mart – Calallen (3829 US Highway 77)
- Bill Bode County Building – 11408 Leopard Street
The following locations will be accepting Christmas trees from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 21, 2017:
- Wal-Mart – 6101 Saratoga Blvd.
- Wal-Mart – 1250 Flour Bluff Drive
- Flour Bluff High School – 2525 Waldron Road (High School gym parking lot)
- Whitecap Wastewater Treatment Plant – 13409 Whitecap Blvd.
Residents can also recycle trees at the J. C. Elliott Collection Center on Hwy 286 at Ayers, Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Citizens not participating in this effort may only set-out trees during their regularly scheduled brush collection days, not any sooner. For set-out dates, please refer to the 2017 Solid Waste Services Customer Guide or check online at www.ccwasteplace.com. Beginning February 2017, residents may visit the J.C. Elliott Collection Center to collect freshly ground Christmas tree mulch.
For more information, contact Solid Waste Services Outreach Coordinator Celina Ybarbo Pulcher at (361) 826-1655 or Celina@cctexas.com.