Weekly Road Closures March 26- April 1
CITY ROAD CLOSURES
March 26 – April 1, 2016
New- Williams Drive (Bond 2012)
- Starting Monday, April 4, City contractors will be doing road work at the Airline Road and Williams Drive intersection. While this work is ongoing, northbound Airline traffic will be shifted onto the southbound lanes and traffic will be reduced to one in each direction. No left turns will be allowed at the intersection
- Eastbound Williams Drive traffic will detour to Airline Road, onto Holly Road and then back to Williams Drive. Westbound Williams Drive traffic will detour eastbound on Williams Drive, onto southbound Rodd Field Road, onto westbound Holly Road, onto northbound Treyway Lane to Williams Drive. At the same time, northbound Airline Road traffic can detour onto the eastbound South Padre Island Drive access road, onto southbound Candlewood Drive to Williams Drive.
New- Staples Street (Bond 2012)
- Beginning on Tuesday, March 29 until Friday, April 1 2016, City contractor will be doing road work on Staples Street at the Lipan Street intersection. The east side of the Staples Street intersection will remain open to traffic; while at the same time, the west side of the intersection will be closed to traffic. The intersection of Staples Street and Comanche Street will be open to traffic and Lipan Street traffic will be detoured onto Comanche Street.
- On Thursday, March 24 and Friday, April 1, westbound Laredo Street traffic will be reduced to one lane on the east side of Staples Street.
New- Waldron Road (Bond 2014)
Beginning on Thursday, March 24 until Friday, April 1 2016, City contractor will be doing road work on Waldron Road from Glenoak Drive Road to Caribbean Drive. During this period, Waldron Road southbound and northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane through the work site.
New- Navigation Boulevard (Bond 2012)
Beginning on Monday, March 28 and for the one year; weather permitting, City contractor will be doing road work on Navigation Boulevard from the Up River Road to Leopard Street. As this work progresses, Navigation Boulevard traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work area.
Santa Fe Street (Bond 2014)
Beginning Tuesday, March 22 and for the next three months, weather permitting, City contractors will start work on Santa Fe Street form Morgan Avenue to Hancock Avenue. As the work is ongoing, Santa Fe Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work area. In addition, the intersections of Hancock Avenue, Buford Street and Craig Street will be closed to traffic. No eastbound turns will be allowed at these intersections.
Various City Streets (Field Testing)
Beginning Monday, March 21 through April 8; weather permitting, contractors will be doing core sampling and field testing on various city streets. Roads will be periodically reduced to one lane through the work site.
Beginning on Wednesday, March 23 through Thursday, March 31; weather permitting, contractors will be removing brush and landscaping on Holly Road between Malden Drive and Staples Street. During this period, eastbound Holly road traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Up River Road, Leopard Street
Monday – Friday
Through April 1, weather permitting; contractors will be working inside AT&T manholes. As this work is ongoing, westbound Up River Road traffic from Palm Street to Leopard Street, and the westbound Leopard Street traffic from Up River Road to Navigation Boulevard will be reduced to one lane.
Beginning Monday, February 15, there will be various lane closures on Staples Street between Comanche Street and Leopard Street.
Beginning Thursday, October 8, and until completion, City contractors will be doing utility/road work on Horne Road between Ayers Street and Port Avenue. As this work is ongoing, Horne Road westbound traffic will be shifted onto the eastbound with one lane of traffic in each direction.
RTA Transfer Station Demolition
Beginning on Monday, August 24, and until the new Regional Transportation Authority building is open the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Sam Rankin Street and Josephine Street will be closed to traffic. Those needing access to the City Hall parking lots will need to enter Sam Rankin through Mestina Street. No left turns will be permitted on to Sam Rankin Street or Josephine Street from Leopard Street. Motorists will detour through Mestina Street to Brownlee Boulevard. Access to Leopard Street though Mexico Street will also be available. In addition, the bus parking space will be extend in front of Josephine Street and Sam Rankin Street intersection on Leopard Street.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
For the next six months; weather permitting, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road. During this period, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- McArdle Road from Rodd Field Road to Nile Drive will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- McArdle Road from Rodd Field Road to Ennis Joslin Road will be reduce to one lane eastbound to Ennis Joslin Road. Motorist needing access to this section of McArdle will take South Padre Island Drive, then to Rodd Field to McArdle Road.
Lawrence Street will be closed from Mesquite Street to Chaparral Street. There is no parking permitted on Mesquite Street from Schatzell Street to Lawrence Street.
For more information, please contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.