Weekly Road Closures June 9-15
NEW – Chaparral (Bond 2014)
Beginning Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15, weather permitting, City contractors will be doing road work on Chaparral Street from Taylor Street to IH-37; from Coopers Alley to Williams Street; and on Lawrence Street from Mesquite Street to Chaparral Street.
NEW – OSO Parkway (SPMP)
Beginning Wednesday, June 13, and for approximately three weeks, weather permitting, City contractors will be working on Oso Parkway from Staples Street to Lens Drive. Work will begin on the westbound lane then switch to the eastbound lane. As this work is ongoing, traffic will be reduced to one lane and a pilot vehicle to guide motorists through the work site.
Various Streets (Contractors)
Through June 17, contractors will be working on various streets. As this work is ongoing, the work site will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Below is the work schedule, weather permitting:
- June 7-8: From Carancahua Street and Blucher Street to Ayers Street and Seventeenth Street.
- June 9-10: From Ayers Street and Seventeenth Street to Belton Street.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Northbound Chaparral Street is closed between Starr Street and Taylor Street, vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
McArdle Road and Gollihar Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Thursday, May 17 and for approximately 2 months, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road between Andover Street and Staples Street, and on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Meadowbrook Road. As this work is ongoing, McArdle Road and Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Gollihar Road – Staples Street to Kostoryz Road (Bond 2014)
Starting May 3, contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. As this project is ongoing, traffic is shifted onto the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
Starting Saturday, April 7, the following traffic control plan will be implemented in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Morgan Avenue and Ayers Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Alameda Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Ayers Street and Cole Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Ayers Street: Traffic flow will be converted from two-way to one-way eastbound (toward Ocean Drive) between Staples Street and Santa Fe Street. Ayers Street, between Santa Fe Street and Ocean Drive, will be open to two-way traffic.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Traffic is on the eastbound lanes with one lane traffic in each direction between Lake Travis Drive and Everhart Road. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
- Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
- Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Bond 2012 Ocean Drive project:
• Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane.
• Two-way traffic will remain open at Elizabeth Street. Northbound Ocean Drive traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Elizabeth Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Southbound Yorktown Boulevard will be shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected during this transition.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced
to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be cautious of various lane closures throughout the project.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/