Weekly Road Closures June 29, 2019 – July 5, 2019
NOTE: ALL CLOSURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER, EMERGENCY WORK, OR OTHER CURRENT EVENTS.
New – Rodd Field (AEP)
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019, and for one day only, AEP work crews will pull wires across Road Field Road near the Brooke Road intersection. During this time, Rodd Field Road will be closed to traffic as the utility wires are pulled across the road. Northbound and southbound traffic will be stopped for approximately 15 minutes. during this period. There are two closures scheduled. Police and flaggers will be on site to assist motorists.
New – Holly Road (AEP)
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019, through September 2, 2019, AEP contractors will be performing utility work replacing utility poles along Holly Road between Lexington Road to Ennis Joslin Road. During this period, Holly Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be on site to assist motorists through the work zone.
New - Chaparral Street (JMI Constructors)
On Monday, July 1, 2019, contractors are working on the Bayview Tower’s roof located at 400 Mann Street. During this period, Chaparral Street will be closed to traffic between IH-37 and Mann Street. The closure will be from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
New – Rodd Field Road (Cobb Findley)
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, and for one day only, contractors are performing excavation test hole on northbound Rodd Field road near the intersection of Wooldridge Road. Work will be done off road and no lane closures are expected.
New - Callicoate Road (Tolunay-Wong)
On Monday, July 1, 2019, and for one day only, contractors are performing soil sampling on Callicoate Road from The IH-37 access road to Up River Road. Callicoate Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be on site to assist motorists through the work zone limits.
New – Holly Road (Heritage Commercial)
Starting July 1 thru July 8, 2019, contractors are performing concrete work while installing a driveway approach at the 3000 Block of Holly Road. Westbound Holly Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
New – Driscoll Street and Kenwood Drive (Ortiz Paving)
Beginning on Monday, July 1, 2019, and for approximately three weeks, contractors are performing road work on Driscoll Drive and on Kenwood Drive.
- Driscoll Drive will be Closed To Thru Traffic from North Naylor Circle to Kenwood Drive.
- Kenwood Drive will be Closed To Thru Traffic from Old Robstown Road to West Longview Street.
- Except for one workday at each intersection on Driscoll Drive and Kenwood Drive, all intersections will remain open.
New – Everhart Road (Cobb Findley)
Beginning on Monday, July 1, 2019, thru Wednesday, July 10, 2019, contractors are performing utility work on various manholes on Everhart Road between South Padre Island Drive (S.P.I.D.) and Holly Road. Either Everhart Road’s northbound or southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work area.
New – Park Avenue (Mastec)
Beginning on Monday, July 1, 2019, thru July 8, 2019, Park Avenue will be closed to traffic between Water Street and Shoreline Boulevard. Park Avenue will be open during the July 4 celebration.
Wooldridge Road (AEP)
Thru Saturday, August 24, 2019, contractors are performing utility work on Woodridge Road from Las Brisas Street to N. Oso Parkway. Wooldridge Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be on site to assist motorists through the work zone limits.
Laguna Shores Road (E00154, IDIQ)
Contractors are working on utility improvements along Laguna Shores Road between Graham Road and Knickerbocker Street. As this project continues, Laguna Shores is closed to thru traffic between Graham Road and Knickerbocker Street. Motorists should follow the detours around the work area.
The intersection of Park Avenue and Water Street (Mastec North America)
Contractors are working at the intersection of Park Avenue and Water Street. As this project is ongoing, contractors will have the northbound shoulder closed to traffic through the work zone.
Cimarron Boulevard (Tri-Star Contractors)
Contractors are performing utility work on Cimarron Boulevard between Queen Bess Drive and Yorktown Crossing. Work is scheduled thru Friday, July 5, 2019. There will be various lane closures based on the contractor’s operations.
Rodd Field - Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown Boulevard (E15112, Bond 2014)
Contractors have installed “NEW” STOP Signs and rumble strips on Rodd Field Road at the intersection of the Airline Road Extension. This intersection now operates as an “ALL-WAY” STOP intersection during construction.
Yorktown Boulevard remains closed to thru traffic between Geiger Drive and Bay Drive.
Seagull Boulevard (Harbor Bridge Project)
During construction hours, Contractors will be performing utility work on Seagull Boulevard. The following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Seagull Boulevard will be closed between Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue.
- Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue will be closed to traffic from E. Causeway Boulevard to Seagull Boulevard.
- Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue will be closed to thru traffic from Timon Boulevard to Seagull.
Airline Road – South Padre Island (SPID) to Holly Road (SPMP)
During construction hours, there will be various lane closures along either northbound or southbound Airline Road, between South Padre Island Drive and Holly Road. At the intersection of Williams Drive, the outside lanes along eastbound and westbound Williams Drive will be closed to traffic. Motorists will still be permitted to make right turns onto Airline Road.
Yorktown Boulevard – Everhart Road to Staples Street (E130196, Bond 2014)
At the intersection of Everhart Road, motorists are advised to follow construction zone signage to guide them through the lane shifts and configuration at the intersection.
Gollihar Road – Weber Road to Staples Street (Project E13087, Bond 2014)
Contractors are performing utility work at the intersection of Gollihar Road and Weber Road. Thru traffic, traveling westbound along Gollihar Road from Staples Street will be prohibited at the Weber Road intersection. Motorists are encouraged to utilize the detour at Carmel Parkway. Local access to businesses and side streets will be provided between Weber Road and Carmel Parkway. Along Weber Road, the following traffic control is implemented:
- Through traffic traveling northbound and southbound along Weber Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the Gollihar Road intersection.
- Traffic will shift to the west side of Weber Road through the intersection. East side of Weber Road intersection will be closed.
- Low profile barriers are installed within the Gollihar Road/Weber Road intersection prohibiting left turns and through traffic movements.
- Through traffic heading eastbound along Gollihar Road will be restricted to a “right only” movement on to SB Weber Road.
North Beach Area Road Improvements & Area Beautification (E12127/ E12129, Bond 2012)
North Shoreline Boulevard will be closed from Bridgeport Avenue to Coastal Avenue and will remain in place until this phase of the project is completed. Traffic is reduced to one lane along North Shoreline Boulevard from Pearl Avenue to Bridgeport Avenue. The intersection of Breakwater Avenue is closed at North Shoreline Boulevard. Motorists should follow the detour signs around the work areas.
Old Robstown Road – Highway 44 to Leopard Street (E13098, Bond 2014)
Old Robstown Road is reduced to one lane, in the southbound direction, between Up River Road and Highway 44 (Agnes Street). Motorists at the SH 44 intersection, seeking to go northbound along Old Robstown Road, are encouraged to follow the detour signs around the work zone.
Staples Street - Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (E12095, Bond 2012)
Northbound traffic is shifted onto the southbound lanes along Staples Street, between Texan Trail and Weber Road. Traffic is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work zone.
South Alameda Street (Ayers Street to Louisiana Avenue E12091, Bond 2012)
Various daily lane closures.
Street Preventive Maintenance Program (SPMP) / Residential Street Rebuild Project (RSRP)
The following Streets are being repaired as part of the City’s Street Preventative Maintenance Program or Residential Street Rebuild Project programs. Motorists are encouraged to be aware of the ongoing construction at these locations:
- North Carancahua Street – Lipan Street to Coopers Alley.
- Cimarron Boulevard – Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown
- Doddridge Street – Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street
- First National Drive – South Padre Island Drive to Compton Road
- Flour Bluff Drive – Glenoak Drive to Purdue Road
- Glasgow Drive – Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive
- Louisiana Street – Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive
- Robert Drive – Alameda Street to Junior Terrace
- Rodd Field Road – South Padre Island Drive to McArdle Road
- Acacia Drive – Mueller Street to Interstate Highway 37
- Alameda Street-Rio Vista Drive – Waverly Drive to Alameda Street
- Bois D Arc Place – Greenwood Drive to Black Jack Place
- Fleet Avenue – Beechcraft Avenue to Ryan Street
- Harriett Drive – Prescott Street to Vestal Street
- Lake Tahoe Drive – Sun Valley Drive to Snowbird Drive
- Lancaster Drive – Leopard Street to Mueller Street
- Moravian Drive – McArdle Road to South Padre Island Drive
- Leigh Drive – Villa Drive to Breckenridge Drive
- O’Hara Drive – Mc Alpin Drive to West Shea Parkway
- Snowbird Drive - Lake Tahoe Drive to Sun Valley Drive
- Yukon Drive – Jordan Drive to Brazos Drive
- Zaragoza Street – Guatemozin Street to Airport Road
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKe8B7SdnH50i-g6XMMn7rEZUos&usp=sharing