Weekly Road Closures July 14-20
NEW – Texan Trail
On Saturday, July 14, weather permitting; City crews will be working on Texan Trail from Staples Street to Alameda Street. Texan Trail will be reduced to one lane and flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
NEW – Lawrence Street T-Head
From Thursday, July 12 to Tuesday, July 17, the following nightly traffic control plan will be implemented from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.:
- The intersection at northbound Shoreline Boulevard and Lawrence Street T-Head will be closed.
- Southbound Shoreline Boulevard will be reduced to one lane between Schatzell Street and William Street.
- Northbound Shoreline Boulevard will detour around the work zone onto the southbound lanes between Schatzell Street and William Street.
NEW – Ayers Street (AT&T)
From Thursday, July 12 through Thursday, July 19, weather permitting, contractors will be working on Ayers Street between Brownlee Boulevard and Arlington Drive. Westbound Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the work zone.
NEW – Cimarron Boulevard
From Tuesday, July 10 and for approximately two weeks, City contractors will be working on Cimarron Boulevard, west of the Saratoga Boulevard intersection. The Cimarron Boulevard eastbound left turn lane will be closed to traffic.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Northbound Chaparral Street is closed between Starr Street and Taylor Street, vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
Starting Tuesday, July 10 through mid-August, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- One lane closure going east on Taylor St. from Mesquite St. to just past Chaparral St.
- Traffic will only go west on Taylor St. from Water St. though Mesquite St.
- Traffic will detour down Mesquite St., east on Peoples St., north on Water St. to west on Taylor St.
- All parking lot and business access will remain open.
Water Street (Contractors)
Starting Monday, July 9 through Sunday, September 9 City contractors will work on the traffic signals at Water Street and Taylor Street, and at Water Street and Twigg Street. During this time, there will be various one lane closures.
Coke Street (Harbor Bridge)
Starting Friday, June 22, and for approximately one month, weather permitting, contractors will be doing utility work on Coke Street between Martin Luther King Drive and Winnebago Street; and between Winnebago Street and Nueces Street. During this period, Coke Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be onsite to assist motorist through the work area.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
The westbound lanes on Yorktown Boulevard from Everhart Street to Staples Street are closed to traffic. Traffic is now on the newly paved eastbound lanes.
OSO Parkway (SPMP)
Beginning Wednesday, June 13, and for approximately three weeks; weather permitting, City contractors will be working on Oso Parkway from Staples Street to Lens Drive. Work will begin on the westbound lane then switch to the eastbound lane. As this work is ongoing, traffic will be reduced to one lane and a pilot vehicle to guide motorists through the work site.
McArdle Road and Gollihar Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Thursday, May 17 and for approximately 2 months, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road between Andover Street and Staples Street, and on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Meadowbrook Road. As this work is ongoing, McArdle Road and Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Gollihar Road – Staples Street to Kostoryz Road (Bond 2014)
Starting May 3, contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. As this project is ongoing, traffic is shifted onto the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
Starting Saturday, April 7, the following traffic control plan will be implemented in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Morgan Avenue and Ayers Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Alameda Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Ayers Street and Cole Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Ayers Street: Traffic flow will be converted from two-way to one-way eastbound (toward Ocean Drive) between Staples Street and Santa Fe Street. Ayers Street, between Santa Fe Street and Ocean Drive, will be open to two-way traffic.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Traffic is on the eastbound lanes with one lane traffic in each direction between Lake Travis Drive and Everhart Road. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
- Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
- Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be cautious of various lane closures throughout the project.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/