Weekly Road Closures January 13-19
New – Airline Road (AEP Contractors)
On Wednesday, January 17, and for one day only, southbound Airline Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic from Bradshaw Drive to Gollihar Road.
New – Airline Road and Gollihar Road Intersection (AEP Contractors)
On Wednesday, January 17, and Thursday, January 18, southbound Airline road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the intersection. Westbound Gollihar Road traffic will detour to Airline Road. Thru traffic will not be allowed.
New – Lipan Street (AEP Contractors)
On Monday, January 15, and for one day only, westbound Lipan Street traffic will be closed at Carancahua Street. All traffic will detour o Carancahua Street and Leopard street.
New – Carancahua (ID/IQ)
Beginning Tuesday, January 16, through Tuesday, January 23, Carancahua Street will be reduced to one lane from Lipan Street to Leopard Street.
New – Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
On Monday, January 15 through Wednesday, January 17, Contractors will close one lane of traffic on Staples Street and Everhart Road.
Beginning November 1, 2017, through March 31, there will be periodic lane closures on westbound Holly Road, and at the major intersections.
New – Everhart Road (ID/IQ)
Beginning Monday, January 15 and for approximately 3 weeks; weather permitting, contractors will close one lane of traffic at the following locations:
- Everhart Road from SPID to Shadowbend Drive will be closed at Ocean Drive.
- Airline Road from Williams Drive to Saratoga Boulevard
- Spohn Drive at Parkway Drive. and at Saratoga Boulevard
- Waldron Road at Lakeside Drive
- Naval Air Station Drive at Scotland Drive
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
Starting Tuesday, January 2, 2018. The following traffic control plan will be implemented for the Bond 2012 Ocean Drive project:
- One lane on Ayers Street between Ocean Drive and Santa Fe Street will be open – westbound toward Santa Fe Street only. Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane at Ayers Street.
- Second Street and Third Street approaching Ayers Street will remain open. Thru traffic and left turns will be allowed from Third Street.
- Morgan Avenue will be closed at Ocean Drive. Both left and right turns from Ocean Drive onto Morgan Avenue will not be allowed.
- Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane.
- Two-way traffic will remain open at Elizabeth Street. Northbound Ocean Drive traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Elizabeth Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Starting Wednesday, December 27, the Yorktown Boulevard project between Everhart Road and Staples Street will begin. Southbound Yorktown Boulevard will be shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected during this transition.
Greenwood Drive (Bond 2012)
Beginning Wednesday, December 27, City contractors, between Horne Road and Gollihar Road, will have various lane closures as road work continues.
Water Street (Bond 2014)
On Wednesday, December 27, weather permitting, eastbound Twigg Street traffic between Water Street and Shoreline Boulevard will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work area.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Chaparral Street (Bond 2014)
Beginning Monday, December 18, 2017, weather permitting, North Chaparral Street will be closed between Schatzall Street and Peoples Street. Detours will be in place to guide motorist around the construction zone. In addition, eastbound People’s Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the Chaparral intersection. Traffic control plan will remain in place until the project is complete.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
Beginning Monday, December 11, and for the next six weeks, there will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Ayers Street and Baldwin Boulevard (ID/IQ)
On Friday, December 15, and for two weeks, weather permitting, City contractors will begin utility work at the intersection of Ayers Street and Baldwin Boulevard. During this time, the work will be completed in three phases:
Phase I and Phase II: At the intersection, northbound Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane and one right turning lane.
Phase III: Westbound Baldwin Boulevard traffic will be reduced to one lane through the intersection.
Tuloso Road (Bond 2012)
Tuloso Road, between IH-37 and Leopard Street, is open to the public. Southbound Tuloso Road traffic will be detoured onto Suntide Road, onto Leopard Street to Tuloso Road.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
Beginning Monday, November 6, 2017, and until completion, City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be cautious of various lane closures throughout the project.
Beach Access Road 2
Beginning Friday, November 8, 2017, City contractors will be closing Access Road 2 on North Padre Island for approximately 90 days. During this period, all traffic will be detoured onto Access Road 1. Access Road 2 will be accessible only to emergency vehicles – no other traffic is permitted.
Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
Beginning November 1, 2017, through March 31, 2018, AEP contractors will be installing overhead electrical wiring from the substation between Airline Road and Staples Street to the substation on Ayers Street. During this period, there will be periodic lane closures on westbound Holly Road, and at the major intersections.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
During the Carroll Lane Improvement Project, Carroll Lane will be reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
City contractors will be working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. Traffic will be shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
McArdle Road, between Arnold Drive and Nile Drive, will be reduced to one lane for road work. Flaggers will be on-site to assist motorists through the work zone.
After the first part is complete, McArdle Road will be open to two lanes of traffic in each direction from Arnold Drive to Nile Drive and reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction from Whittaker Drive to Arnold Drive.
Ayers Street (Bond 2014)
Eastbound Booty Street will be closed at the Santa Fe Street intersection and the detour to Santa Fe Street will be through Ayers Street. At the same time, eastbound Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane at the intersection. Ayers Street will be closed to traffic on the east side of Santa Fe Street. Northbound and southbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the Ayers Street intersection. As of Thursday, July 20, the following temporary traffic control plan was implemented:
- Santa Fe Street: Northbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction through the intersection.
- Ayers Street: Eastbound Ayers Street traffic approaching Santa Fe Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic and left turns onto northbound Santa Fe Street will be permitted. Eastbound Ayers Street will be closed to traffic from Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive. While at the same time, Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane and become one-way from Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street. Detour onto Ayers Street will be from Ocean Drive, onto Del Mar Boulevard, onto Third Street to Ayers Street.
- Second Street: Access to Second Street will be through Ocean Drive. Motorists exiting Second Street will need to turn left onto Ayers Street to Santa Fe Street.
- Third Street: Third Street traffic approaching Ayers Street will be reduced to one of traffic. Thru traffic and left turns will be permitted from Third Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Phase one of the Yorktown Boulevard project between Everhart Road and Yorkshire Drive started. Eastbound traffic will be shifted to the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Motorists traveling northbound on Lipes Boulevard will not be allowed to make a left turn onto Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists are reminded of the reduced speed limit to 25 MPH through the work zone.
Southern Minerals Road
Southern Minerals Road is closed to traffic between IH-37 and Up River Road. Motorists needing access to Up River Road from westbound IH-37 will detour onto Goldston Road to Up River Road. Those needing access to IH-37 from Up River Road will detour onto Valero Way to IH-37.
Alameda Street (Bond 2012)
As of Friday, June 9, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Staples Street: Southbound Staples Street traffic will be reduced to one lane approaching the Six Points intersection.
Alameda Street: Traffic on Alameda Street between Six Points and Louisiana Avenue will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side
streets off Alameda Street will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic approaching the Louisiana Avenue intersection will be reduced to one lane.
Lawrence Street between Mesquite Street and Chaparral Street is partially open to traffic and is currently reduced to one lane with the traffic merger beginning between Upper Broadway and Mesquite Street.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/