Weekly Road Closures August 11-17
New – Water Street (Contractors)
- On Saturday, August 11 and Monday, August 13, 2018, Water Street between Kenney Street and Born Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
- Beginning Monday, August 13, there will be various lane closures on Water Street between IH-37 and Coopers Alley.
- Through September 9 City contractors will work on the traffic signals at Water Street and Taylor Street, and at Water Street and Twigg Street. During this time, there will be various one lane closures.
New – Staples Street (Bond 2014)
Starting at 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 14, the Staples Street and Alameda Street intersection will be completely closed to traffic. The work is expected to be complete and the intersection open by Monday, August 20.
New – Everhart Road (SPMP)
Beginning on Tuesday, August 14, and for two months, weather permitting; City contractors are scheduled to work on Everhart Road from Cedar Pass Drive to Silver Ridge Road, and Glasgow Drive from Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive. As this work is ongoing, there will be various lane closures as contractors do driveways, sidewalks, curb and gutter, and install ADA ramps.
New – Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
Eastbound and westbound Golllihar Road traffic will shift onto the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Gollihar Road from Marie Street to Weber Road.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Beginning August 1, the following traffic control plan will be implemented on Yorktown Boulevard between Lake Superior Drive and Everhart Road:
- Contractors will switch two-way traffic onto the westbound lanes, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway.
- All eastbound traffic, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway, will detour to Oso Parkway and Everhart Road to continue east along Yorktown Boulevard.
- Westbound traffic, between Staples Street and Everhart Road, will switch to the newly paved westbound lanes of Yorktown Boulevard, at the Everhart Road intersection.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Traffic is shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction from Morgan Avenue to Six-Points. Side streets are open to traffic.
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Northbound Chaparral Street is closed between Starr Street and Taylor Street, vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
Through mid-August, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- One lane closure going east on Taylor St. from Mesquite St. to just past Chaparral St.
- Traffic will only go west on Taylor St. from Water St. though Mesquite St.
- Traffic will detour down Mesquite St., east on Peoples St., north on Water St. to west on Taylor St.
- All parking lot and business access will remain open.
McArdle Road and Gollihar Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Thursday, May 17 and for approximately 2 months, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road between Andover Street and Staples Street, and on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Meadowbrook Road. As this work is ongoing, McArdle Road and Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
- Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
- Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/