Weekly Road Closures April 30- May 6
Some Yorktown Boulevard work was pushed back a week so this week includes new closures on Yorktown Blvd., Caldwell St. and 19th St.
New - Yorktown Boulevard
Beginning Monday May 2, 2016 and for the next four weeks, City contractors will be doing road work on Yorktown Boulevard between Geiger Drive and Fred’s Folly Drive. As this work progresses, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Phase 1: Yorktown Boulevard will be closed to traffic between Airline Road and Rodd Field Road. Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard traffic will detour onto northbound Rodd Field Road, then to southbound Airline Road to Yorktown Boulevard. Residents of Geiger Drive and Fort Griffin Drive will detour onto eastbound Dunn’s Point Drive, onto northbound Rancho Vista Boulevard to Yorktown Boulevard.
- Phase II: Yorktown Boulevard will be closed between Geiger Drive and the Fellowship of Oso Creek Church driveway entrance. Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard traffic will detour onto Geiger Drive, east onto Dunns Point Drive, east onto Vaquero Drive, west onto Fred’s Folly Drive to Yorktown Boulevard. Airline Road between Rodd Field Road and Yorktown Boulevard will be reduced to one southbound lane. Motorists can access the Fellowship of Oso Creek Church from Fred’s Folly Drive.
- Phase 3: Yorktown Boulevard will be closed from the Oso Creek Church driveway entrance to Fred’s Folly Drive. Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard traffic will detour south onto Rancho Vista Drive, east onto Vaquero Drive, west onto Fred’s Folly Drive to Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists can access the Fellowship of Oso Creek Church from Rancho Vista Drive.
New - Caldwell Street
Beginning May 3, and for one week; weather permitting, a City contractor will be doing Utility/Road work on Caldwell Street between Alameda Street and Staples Street. During this period, this section of Caldwell be closed to traffic. Motorists can use the Comanche Street or Mussett Street detours.
New – 19th Street
Beginning Wednesday, May 4 through Friday, May 6, weather permitting; contractors will be doing utility work on 19th Street between Craig Street and Buford Street. During this period, 19th Street will be closed to thru traffic and motorists traveling northbound on 19th Street will detour onto Craig Street, then onto 18th Street, onto Buford Street to 19th Street.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
For the next six months; weather permitting, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road. During this period, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Either the eastbound or westbound McArdle Road traffic between Prince Drive and Nile Drive will be periodically reduced to one lane through the work site. Motorists should follow the detour signs and flaggers throughout the work site.
- McArdle Road, from Rodd Field Road to The Rock Creek Apartments entrance, is now two lanes of traffic, with one lane in each direction. McArdle Road will be reduce to one eastbound lane of traffic towards Ennis Joslin Road. Motorists needing access to this section of McArdle Road can take Nile Drive to McArdle Road.
Williams Drive (Bond 2012)
- Starting Monday, April 4, City contractors will be doing road work at the Airline Road and Williams Drive intersection. While this work is ongoing, northbound Airline traffic will be shifted onto the southbound lanes and traffic will be reduced to one in each direction. No left turns will be allowed at the intersection
- Eastbound Williams Drive traffic will detour to Airline Road, onto Holly Road and then back to Williams Drive. Westbound Williams Drive traffic will detour eastbound on Williams Drive, onto southbound Rodd Field Road, onto westbound Holly Road, onto northbound Treyway Lane to Williams Drive. At the same time, northbound Airline Road traffic can detour onto the eastbound South Padre Island Drive access road, onto southbound Candlewood Drive to Williams Drive.
Navigation Boulevard (Bond 2012)
Beginning on Monday, March 28 and for the one year; weather permitting, City contractor will be doing road work on Navigation Boulevard from the Up River Road to Leopard Street. As this work progresses, Navigation Boulevard traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work area.
Santa Fe Street (Bond 2014)
Beginning Tuesday, March 22 and for the next three months, weather permitting, City contractors will start work on Santa Fe Street form Morgan Avenue to Hancock Avenue. As the work is ongoing, Santa Fe Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work area. In addition, the intersections of Hancock Avenue, Buford Street and Craig Street will be closed to traffic. No eastbound turns will be allowed at these intersections.
Beginning Monday, February 15, there will be various lane closures on Staples Street between Comanche Street and Leopard Street.
Beginning Thursday, October 8, and until completion, City contractors will be doing utility/road work on Horne Road between Ayers Street and Port Avenue. As this work is ongoing, Horne Road westbound traffic will be shifted onto the eastbound with one lane of traffic in each direction.
RTA Transfer Station Demolition
Beginning on Monday, August 24, and until the new Regional Transportation Authority building is open the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Sam Rankin Street and Josephine Street will be closed to traffic. Those needing access to the City Hall parking lots will need to enter Sam Rankin through Mestina Street. No left turns will be permitted on to Sam Rankin Street or Josephine Street from Leopard Street. Motorists will detour through Mestina Street to Brownlee Boulevard. Access to Leopard Street though Mexico Street will also be available. In addition, the bus parking space will be extend in front of Josephine Street and Sam Rankin Street intersection on Leopard Street.
Lawrence Street will be closed from Mesquite Street to Chaparral Street. There is no parking permitted on Mesquite Street from Schatzell Street to Lawrence Street.
For more information, please contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.