Weekly Road Closures April 20 – April 26
New – Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
Beginning Monday, April 22, 2019, Contractors will be installing telecommunication cable along Holly Road from Toben Drive to Rodd Field Road. Westbound Holly Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic within the work zone limits.
Work along Holly Road, from Rodd Field Road to Ennis Joslin Road is still ongoing.
New – Wooldridge Road (AEP Contractors)
Beginning Tuesday, April 23, 2019 and for approximately two months; weather permitting, Contractors will be performing utility work on Wooldridge Road near Ennis Joslin Road intersection. Work will not be performed during school zone hours. During this period, Wooldridge Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists through the work zone limits.
New - Lower Broadway (Contractors)
Beginning Monday, April 22 thru Friday, April 26, 2019, Contractors will be working at 521 Starr Street. North Lower Broadway will be closed from Peoples Street to Starr Street. Parking on this section of North Lower Broadway is not permitted.
Thru traffic on North Lower Broadway will be detoured onto Peoples Street, Chaparral Street, and Starr Street to regain access to North Lower Broadway.
Update -Rodd Field – Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown Boulevard (E15112, Bond 2014)
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019, Contractors will be installing “NEW” STOP Signs and rumble strips on Rodd Field Road at the intersection of the Airline Road Extension. This intersection will now operate as an “ALL-WAY” STOP intersection during construction.
Additionally, Police officers will be present at the intersections of Slough Road and the Airline Road Extension to assist motorists and traffic flow. Officers will be present, Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 6 AM – 9 AM and 4 PM – 7PM.
Yorktown Boulevard remains closed to thru traffic between Geiger Drive and Bay Drive.
McArthur Street (IDIQ)
During construction hours, northbound and southbound MacArthur Street, between Roslyn Street and Nimitz Street, will be reduced to one lane for both directions. Flaggers will control traffic around the work zone during construction.
Corona Drive – Everhart Road to Flynn Parkway (AEP Contractors)
During construction hours, traffic will be shifted onto the westbound lanes, with one lane in each direction, for the purposes of installing new street lights.
Yorktown Boulevard – Thundersee Drive to Bistineau Drive (AEP Contractors)
Westbound Yorktown Boulevard from Bistineau Drive to Thundersee Drive is reduced to one lane of traffic to install street light utility poles.
Greenwood Drive and Hemlock Place Intersection (IDIQ)
During construction hours, Hemlock Place intersection at Greenwood Drive will be closed to all traffic. Northbound Greenwood Drive, at Hemlock Place, will reduced to one lane. Motorists are asked to follow the detour signs around the work zone.
Seagull Boulevard (Harbor Bridge Project)
During construction hours, Contractors will do utility work on Seagull Boulevard. The following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Seagull Boulevard will be closed between Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue.
- Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue will be closed to traffic from E. Causeway Boulevard to Seagull Boulevard
- Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue will be closed to thru traffic from Timon Boulevard to Seagull.
Airline Road – South Padre Island (SPID) to Holly Road (SPMP)
During construction hours, there will be various lane closures along either northbound or southbound Airline Road, between South Padre Island Drive and Holly Road. At the intersection of Williams Drive, the outside lanes along eastbound and westbound Williams Drive will be closed to traffic. Motorists will still be permitted to make right turns onto Airline Road.
Yorktown Boulevard – Everhart Road to Staples Street (E130196, Bond 2014)
At the intersection of Everhart Road, motorists are advised to follow construction zone signage to guide them through the lane shifts and configuration at the intersection.
Bevly Drive – Lansdown Street to Holmes Drive (SPMP)
Bevly Drive, between Lansdown Street and Holmes Drive, will remain closed to through traffic. Only local residential access will be allowed during the street closure.
Gollihar Road – Weber Road to Staples Street (Project E13087, Bond 2014)
Contractors are performing utility work at the intersection of Gollihar Road and Weber Road. Thru traffic, traveling westbound along Gollihar Road from Staples Street, will be prohibited at the Weber Road intersection. Motorists are encouraged to utilize the detour at Carmel Parkway. Local access to businesses and side streets will be provided between Weber Road and Carmel Parkway. Along Weber Road, the following traffic control is implemented:
· Through traffic traveling northbound and southbound along Weber Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the Gollihar Road intersection.
· Traffic will shift to the west side of Weber Road through the intersection. East side of Weber Road intersection will be closed.
· Low profile barriers are installed within the Gollihar Road/Weber Road intersection prohibiting left turns and through traffic movements.
· Through traffic heading eastbound along Gollihar Road will be restricted to a “right only” movement on to SB Weber Road.
North Beach Area Road Improvements & Area Beautification (E12127/ E12129, Bond 2012)
Traffic is reduced to one lane along North Shoreline Boulevard from Pearl Avenue to Coastal Avenue. The intersections of Breakwater Avenue and Bridgeport Avenue are each closed at North Shoreline Boulevard. Parking for businesses is available along Surfside Boulevard.
Old Robstown Road – Highway 44 to Leopard Street (E13098, Bond 2014)
Old Robstown Road is reduced to one lane, in the southbound direction, between Up River Road and Highway 44 (Agnes Street). Motorists at the SH 44 intersection, seeking to go northbound along Old Robstown Road, are encouraged to follow the detour signs around the work zone.
Carroll Lane - McArdle Road to Gollihar Road (E13097, Bond 2012)
There will be various lane shoulder closures while the Contractor is working behind the curb.
Staples Street - Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (E12095, Bond 2012)
Northbound traffic is shifted onto the southbound lanes along Staples Street, between Texan Trail and Brawner Parkway. Traffic is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work zone.
Laguna Shores Road (E00154, IDIQ)
Contractors are working on utility improvements along Laguna Shores Road between Park Road 22 Road and Knickerbocker Street. Laguna Shores is closed to thru traffic between Park Road 22 Road and Knickerbocker Street.
South Alameda Street (Ayers Street to Louisiana Avenue E12091, Bond 2012)
Various daily lane closures.
Street Preventive Maintenance Program (SPMP) / Residential Street Rebuild Project (RSRP)
The following Streets are being repaired as part of the City’s Street Preventative Maintenance Program or Residential Street Rebuild Project programs. Motorists are encouraged to be aware of the ongoing construction at these locations:
- North Carancahua Street – Lipan Street to Coopers Alley.
- Cimarron Boulevard – Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown
- Doddridge Street – Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street
- First National Drive – South Padre Island Drive to Compton Road
- Flour Bluff Drive – Glenoak Drive to Purdue Road
- Glasgow Drive – Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive
- Louisiana Street – Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive
- Robert Drive – Alameda Street to Junior Terrace
- Rodd Field Road – South Padre Island Drive to McArdle Road
- Acacia Drive – Mueller Street to Interstate Highway 37
- Alameda Street-Rio Vista Drive – Waverly Drive to Alameda Street
- Bevly Drive – Dead End Street to Lansdown Drive
- Bois D Arc Place – Greenwood Drive to Black Jack Place
- Fleet Avenue – Beechcraft Avenue to Ryan Street
- Harriett Drive – Prescott Street to Vestal Street
- Lake Tahoe Drive – Sun Valley Drive to Snowbird Drive
- Lancaster Drive – Leopard Street to Mueller Street
- Moravian Drive – McArdle Road to South Padre Island Drive
- Leigh Drive – Villa Drive to Breckenridge Drive
- O’Hara Drive – Mc Alpin Drive to West Shea Parkway
- Snowbird Drive - Lake Tahoe Drive to Sun Valley Drive
- Yukon Drive – Jordan Drive to Brazos Drive
- Zaragoza Street – Guatemozin Street to Airport Road
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKe8B7SdnH50i-g6XMMn7rEZUos&usp=sharing