RUNWAY 13-31 OPENS TO AIR TRAFFIC
The main runway at Corpus Christi International Airport (CCIA) has reopened to air traffic following the completion of a major improvement project.
Runway 13-31 had been closed for nearly two years as part of a 56 million dollar safety and taxiway reconfiguration project. 90% of the work was funded by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the other 10% paid for with airport revenue.
“This is a milestone for CCIA and for the community,” said Fred Segundo, the Director of Aviation at CCIA. “Our runways and taxiways have been given new life and now meet the latest FAA standards for safety and efficiency,” said Segundo.
The project added new length to both runways at CCIA, new taxiway connectors, new signage, striping, lighting, coal tar sealant on all surfaces and the relocation of all navigational aids on the airfield. The finished product includes 67,000 tons of new asphalt, 60 miles of electrical cabling, nearly 500 new LED signs and light fixtures and 360,000 square feet of paint.
For more information, contact Kim Bridger, Marketing Manager at CCIA at (361) 774-7871 or firstname.lastname@example.org