Weekly Road Closures April 7-13
NEW – Waldron Road (Contractor)
Starting April 6, and for one week, contactors will be working on Waldron Road between Yorktown Boulevard and Caribbean Drive. During this period either northbound or southbound Waldron Road traffic lanes will be reduced to one lane.
NEW – Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
Starting Saturday, April 7, the following traffic control plan will be implemented in the Six Points area:
• Staples Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Morgan Avenue and Ayers Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
• Alameda Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Ayers Street and Cole Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
• Ayers Street: Traffic flow will be converted from two-way to one-way eastbound (toward Ocean Drive) between Staples Street and Santa Fe Street. Ayers Street, between Santa Fe Street and Ocean Drive, will be open to two-way traffic.
NEW - Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
On Saturday, April 7, from 7 a.m. to noon, Yorktown Boulevard from Boston Drive/Lipes Boulevard to Staples Street will be closed. The following traffic control plan will be implemented at that time:
• Yorktown Boulevard between Everhart Road and Staples Street: Motorists traveling eastbound will detour onto either Boston Drive or Lipes Boulevard.
• Yorktown Boulevard between Staples Street and Cimarron Boulevard: Motorists traveling westbound will have to go either northbound or southbound to Staples Street.
• Staples Street: Southbound and northbound traffic will not have to use alternative routes to go east toward Everhart Road.
NEW - Resaca Street and Water Street
Resaca Street from Water Street to Shoreline Boulevard and Water Street from Resaca Street to Fitzgerald Street for events at the American Bank Center will be closed at the following times and days:
• April 6: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• April 7: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• April 8: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Ayers Street (Contractor)
Starting Monday, April 2, and for one week, contractors will reduce southbound Ayers Street in the 3400 block of Ayers Street to one lane of traffic.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Starting Tuesday, April 3, contractors will switch traffic to the eastbound lanes with one lane traffic in each direction between Lake Travis Drive and Everhart Road. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected during this transition.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
Starting Friday March 9, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
• Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
• Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
• Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
Tuloso Road (Bond 2012)
Tuloso Road, between IH-37 and Leopard Street, is open to the public. However, there will daily lane shift were traffic will be narrowed and reduced to one lane in each direction.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Starting Monday March 5, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
• Northbound Chaparral Street will be closed between Peoples Street and Starr Street and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
• Northbound Chaparral Street between Schatzell Street and Peoples Street will be open to traffic.
Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
Through March 31, there will be periodic lane closures on westbound Holly Road and at the major intersections.
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Bond 2012 Ocean Drive project:
• One lane on Ayers Street between Ocean Drive and Santa Fe Street will be open – westbound toward Santa Fe Street only. Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane at Ayers Street.
• Second Street and Third Street approaching Ayers Street will remain open. Thru traffic and left turns will be allowed from Third Street.
• Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane.
• Two-way traffic will remain open at Elizabeth Street. Northbound Ocean Drive traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Elizabeth Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Southbound Yorktown Boulevard will be shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected during this transition.
Greenwood Drive (Bond 2012)
Horne Road and Gollihar Road will have various lane closures as road work continues.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
• Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
• Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be cautious of various lane closures throughout the project.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
City contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. Traffic is shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
McArdle Road, between Arnold Drive and Nile Drive, is reduced to one lane. Flaggers will be on-site to assist motorists through the work zone.
After the first part is complete, McArdle Road will be open to two lanes of traffic in each direction from Arnold Drive to Nile Drive and reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction from Whittaker Drive to Arnold Drive.
Ayers Street (Bond 2014)
Eastbound Booty Street is closed at the Santa Fe Street intersection and the detour to Santa Fe Street will be through Ayers Street. At the same time, eastbound Ayers Street traffic is reduced to one lane at the intersection. Ayers Street will be closed to traffic on the east side of Santa Fe Street. Northbound and southbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the Ayers Street intersection. As of Thursday, July 20, the following temporary traffic control plan was implemented:
• Santa Fe Street: Northbound Santa Fe Street traffic is shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction through the intersection.
• Ayers Street: Eastbound Ayers Street traffic approaching Santa Fe Street is reduced to one lane of traffic and left turns onto northbound Santa Fe Street will be permitted. Eastbound Ayers Street is closed to traffic from Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive. While at the same time, Ayers Street traffic is reduced to one lane and is a one-way from Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street. Detour onto Ayers Street is from Ocean Drive, onto Del Mar Boulevard, onto Third Street to Ayers Street.
• Second Street: Access to Second Street is through Ocean Drive. Motorists exiting Second Street must turn left onto Ayers Street to Santa Fe Street.
• Third Street: Third Street traffic approaching Ayers Street is reduced to one lane of traffic. Thru traffic and left turns are allowed from Third Street.
Alameda Street (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Alameda Street Improvement project:
Staples Street: Southbound Staples Street traffic is reduced to one lane approaching the Six Points intersection.
Alameda Street: Traffic on Alameda Street between Six Points and Louisiana Avenue is shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets off Alameda Street will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic approaching the Louisiana Avenue intersection is reduced to one lane.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/