New Year’s Eve Firework Safety Reminder
The Fire Department Wishes Everyone a Safe and Happy New Year!
As you begin planning your New Year’s Eve festivities, the Corpus Christi Fire Department wants to remind everyone it is illegal to discharge fireworks inside the city limits, including on our beaches.
The police and fire departments will be working together to enforce this ordinance, and if found illegally using fireworks, you could be fined up to $2000.00 per package.
If you will be using fireworks this holiday, please keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Children must have adult supervision
- Get permission to use land outside city limits
- Alcohol and fireworks can be a dangerous combination
- Children should not pick up leftover fireworks as they could still be active
- Read and follow package directions
- Never touch or hold a firework after it has been lit
- Only use fireworks outdoors
- Have an emergency extinguishing method nearby
If anyone wishes to report the illegal use of fireworks, please call 826-COPS (2677). Do not call 911 for firework complaints. For more information, contact Capt. James Brown at (361) 826-8423 or at JamesB@cctexas.com.