Parade Spectators Dos and Don'ts
Large crowds are expected Saturday for the annual Buccaneer Days Illuminated Night Parade. The City of Corpus Christi and the Police Department wants everyone to enjoy the parade and promote a safe environment for all who attend. Here are some rules for spectators to follow:
- People are not permitted to camp along the route before 5:00 p.m. April 29th.
- Citizens can rent portable toilets and place them on City property along the parade route, as long as the toilets do not block the sidewalk, public right of way, or other’s access to the parade route.
- Spectators absolutely are not allowed to use spray paint to mark their spots along the parade route. Residents should use chalk or a non-permanent marker. Also, if people mark spots with tape, the City asks the material be pulled up and placed in trash bags before the parade begins.
- No “poppers” or other noise makers or silly string is allowed along the parade route.
- Spectators are asked to bag their trash before leaving and remove any large items brought to the parade route (e.g. barbeque pits, chairs, coolers). Volunteers will hand out free trash bags along the parade route and after the parade, Solid Waste Operations’ crews will pick up the bags.
*Consumption of alcohol is only allowed Saturday, April 30th from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the parade, along the parade route. Police ask spectators to please drink responsibly so the parade is enjoyable for everyone. Officers will keep an eye out for incidents of public intoxication, including people who are drunk and disorderly.