Nueces County Reports Eight New COVID-19 Related Deaths
CORPUS CHRISTI TX - The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District received confirmation of 8 additional COVID-19 related deaths. The patients were 4 males and 4 females with ages ranging in their 40s (2), 50s (2), 80s (2) and 90s. The age for one of the deceased is currently not available. Comorbidities of the patients include hypertension, chronic kidney disease and history of epileptic seizures. Our condolences go out to the families and friends of the deceased residents. Further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
The confirmed 8 deaths bring the total COVID-19 related deaths in Nueces County to 27, and 19 for the month of July.
These public health strategies must be followed to reduce the spread of the virus:
● Stay at home if you are sick.
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched areas at home and at work.