Beach to Bay 2019 Traffic Plan
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering office advises residents and businesses starting at 4 a.m. Saturday, May 18 the following traffic control plan will be implemented for the Beach to Bay Relay Marathon:
- Southbound Park Road 22, between the JFK Causeway Bridge and Access Road 5, will be reduced to one lane.
- Northbound Park Road 22, approaching the JFK Causeway Bridge and over the bridge, will be reduced to one lane.
- Northbound Park Road 22, between the JFK Causeway Bridge and the Waldron Road Exit, the shoulder will be closed. During this time the Waldron Road Exit will also be closed.
- Waldron Road, between Northbound SPID Frontage Road and Naval Air Station Drive, will be closed.
- Northbound NAS Drive, between Waldron Road and Corpus Christi South Gate, the shoulder will be closed.
- Northbound Ocean Drive between Sand Dollar Boulevard and Buford Street will be reduced to one lane.
- Northbound and southbound Shoreline Boulevard, between Buford Street Coopers Alley, will be closed until after the event.
- Some side streets along the route will be closed.
The closures will start at 4 a.m. and open immediately after the race, except for the Shoreline Boulevard closure, which will open after the event is over.
The city reminds drivers to use caution when driving near the race route and follow detour signs. Motorists should expect delays and if possible, seek alternate routes or avoid the area. Access to local driveways will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
For more information, please visit www.beachtobayrelay.com or contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.