Beach to Bay 2017 Traffic Plan
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering office advises residents and business starting at 4 a.m. Saturday, May 20 the following traffic control plan will be implemented for the Beach to Bay Relay Marathon:
- Parts of southbound Park Road 22 between Access Road 6 and JFK Causeway will be reduced to one lane and parts of northbound Park Road 22 between JFK Causeway to Waldron Road will have a shoulder closure.
- Northbound NAS Drive between the Naval Air Station- Corpus Christi south gate and Waldron Road will have a shoulder closure.
- Northbound Ocean Drive between Sand Dollar Boulevard and Buford Street will be reduced to one lane.
- Northbound and southbound Shoreline Boulevard between Buford Street Coopers Alley will be closed until after the event.
- Some side streets along the route will be closed.
The closures will start at 4 a.m. and open immediately after the race, except for the Shoreline Boulevard closure, which will open after the event is over.
The city reminds drivers to use caution when driving near the race route and follow detour signs. Motorists should expect delays and if possible, seek alternate routes or avoid the area. Access to local driveways will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
For more information, please visit www.beachtobayrelay.com or contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.