Arts and Cultural Commission Announces Recipients of 2016 Arts Grant Program
Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation
Arts & Cultural Commission Announces Recipients of the 2016 Arts Grant Program
The Arts & Cultural Commission will be recognizing the 2016 Arts Grant awardees prior to the City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 1201 Leopard St., 1st floor.
The Arts Grant Program is funded through the City of Corpus Christi’s Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund. The projects and organizations selected to receive grants will aid in promoting tourism and support the local hotel and convention industry.
Congratulations to the following local arts organizations which were selected by the City of Corpus Christi’s Arts & Cultural Commission members to receive a total of $180,801 in grant funding for the fourteen projects listed below.
- La Competencia Folklorica de Tejas sponsored by Alcorta’s Folklorico Diamante, Inc.
- Arts Alive! Sponsored by The Art Center of Corpus Christi
- Dorothy Hood (1918–2000): The Color of Being/El Color del Ser sponsored by The Art Museum of South Texas
- Swan Lake sponsored by Corpus Christi Ballet
- Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society Concert Series 2016 sponsored by the Corpus Christi Chamber Music Society, Inc.
- Bailando Dance Festival sponsored by Corpus Christi Concert Ballet
- Pops in the Park sponsored by Corpus Christi Symphony Orchestra
- Festival of the Arts sponsored by Corpus Christi Creative Connections.
- 2016 Series sponsored by the Harbor Playhouse Company, Inc.
- Dia de los Muertos Street Festival sponsored by K Space Contemporary
- Spotlight on the Arts sponsored by South Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc.
- BRUSH-Strokes: Art Meets Nature sponsored by South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center
- Furgason Bravo! Series “New Directions” sponsored by Texas A&M University Performing Arts Center
- The Cathedral Concert Series 2016 sponsored by The Cathedral Concert Series
The City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department serves as liaison to the Arts & Cultural Commission. For more information, please call 361-826-3460.
For more information about the programs and services offered by the Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department, visit www.ccparkandrec.com. We invite you to Live. Learn. Play!