2018 Spring Break Traffic Plan
The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering office advises beachgoers headed to beaches along State Highway 361, the following traffic coordination will be in place from 9 a.m. Friday, March 9, to 10 a.m. Monday, March 19:
- To enter the beach during the day, you must take Newport Pass Road
- The beach will have a two-way circular traffic pattern, with the middle lane used for emergency vehicles only
- Exiting the beach will be through Zahn Road
- A temporary traffic signal will be at SH 361 and Zahn Road
- Each evening, Newport Pass Road will be closed by police and beachgoers can use Zahn Road to enter and exit the beach
- Beach Access Road 3 will be open to two-way traffic (4x4 recommended for this area)
- Traffic will be monitored by police and may adjust, as needed
The City reminds beachgoers to use caution when traveling to the beach and to follow all signage.
For more information, please contact Traffic Engineering at (361) 826-3547.